Smoke bake potatoes. Smoked Twice Baked Potatoes on the Pit Barrel Cooker. Baked Potatoes On Pit Boss Pellet Grill. Should baked potatoes be wrapped in foil?
Secrets of Making Delicious Smoked Baked Potatoes. by Pat Ottman (St Paul,MN). How do you make smoked baked potatoes? Someone told us they are excellent. You can cook Smoke bake potatoes using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Smoke bake potatoes
- Prepare of Potatoes.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- It’s of Garlic powder.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Any other seasoning you like.
- Prepare of Smoker and wood chips of choice I use hickory.
We have a vertical water smoker. Can I wrap up some baked potatoes. These are called smoked twice baked potatoes because you bake them in the smoker (or any heat source for that matter), cut them in half, scoop out the insides and mix it with my original rub. These smoked potatoes are prepared with a herb and spice rub and are perfect served alongside barbecued or grilled meats.
Smoke bake potatoes instructions
- Pre heat smoker and set it up with your favorite wood chips. I use Hickory. Set up the water pan… I like to start on a high setting and go to med heat when I put the potatoes in..
- Poke holes in all of the potatoes. I use a shish kebab skewers, try and all the way though, it’s ok if you can’t… do a lot of holes all over on each one… the more holes the better… this helps the smoke go through….
- In a bowl add the the potatoes after you put holes in them, drizzle with Olive oil add seasoning mix with hands, and make sure all of them are covered with the oil and seasonings.
- Place in smoker 2-4 hrs until done.
Smoke roasted potatoes recipe grilled and enveloped in flavorful hardwood pellet smoke, then piled high with your favorite toppings. Smoke baked potatoes taste rich and cook up moist and tender. They are loaded with potassium and help keep you full. Line a large baking sheet with tin foil, and spray with cooking spray. Tuck the pieces in and around the potatoes, then scatter over the dill.