Potato pancakes with smoked salmon. Drain in a colander and rinse under cold running water to stop the cooking. Top each pancake with a dollop of the crème fraîche and a few slivers of salmon. Arrange on a serving platter, sprinkle with the chives and serve immediately.
Add the potatoes and cook until soft. Drain well and return to pan, add milk and mash well. Ideal brunch recipe with potato pancakes and smoked salmon and caviar. You can have Potato pancakes with smoked salmon using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Potato pancakes with smoked salmon
- Prepare 1 lb of potatoes (I think I used Russet).
- Prepare 1 of small onion.
- You need 1/2 of of a beaten egg.
- You need 1 tbs of flour.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Frying oil.
- It’s of Smoked salmon.
- It’s of Sour cream.
- You need of Capers.
- It’s of Fresh dill.
- It’s of Lemon wedges.
Continue with the rest of the batter, adding more oil as necessary. Peel potatoes, rinse and grate on the large holes of a box grater into a bowl. Add the eggs and flour, season with salt and pepper and stir in the parsley. Whether it is with maple syrup and fruit or savory bacon and butter: In many homes across America, pancakes are a regular breakfast tradition.
Potato pancakes with smoked salmon instructions
- Shred the potatoes and onion into a bowl (I use a box grater)..
- Mix the grated potatoes and onion together, then squeeze the mix hard to get rid of as much moisture as you can (I do this by hand in batches)..
- Thoroughly mix the flour and 1/2 the beaten egg into the potato and onion mix. Season to taste..
- Heat the oil over high heat. I use soy bean oil and fill the saute pan with enough oil to cover the bottom of the saute pan with about 1/4 inch..
- Mold the mix into balls using your hands, place the balls in the oil, then press with a spatula to flatten them a bit..
- Cook on both sides until crispy and brown..
- Remove the pancakes from the oil and place on paper towels or metal drip rack to remove grease..
- Top with salmon, sour cream, dill, and capers, garnish plate with lemon wedges, and serve while pancakes are still warm..
- Bask in girlfriend's appreciation..
Prepare potato pancake mix according to box instructions. Add parsley, salt and pepper, to taste. Remove from pan and place on a paper towel to dry. Gently press down on top of each pancake with pancake turner to flatten. These delicious savoury potato pancakes are absolutely beautiful enjoyed with smoked salmon and dill cream.