Spaghetti and Meatballs. This Spaghetti and Meatball recipe from Delish.com proves everything is better homemade. Spaghetti and meatballs is such a comfort food classic! The meatballs are made from ground beef and Italian sausage, served with a sauce with mushrooms, onions, basil, and Parmesan.
I don't think there is any doubt that caramelized onions taste better than raw onions, the question is whether the extra effort is worth it. How to Make Spaghetti and Meatballs. There are three parts in making it. You can have Spaghetti and Meatballs using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Prepare 1 (35 oz) of can crushed tomatoes.
- You need 1 lb of lean ground beef.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 1/3 cup of dried bread crumbs.
- It’s 2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of onion finely chopped.
- You need 3 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of parmesean cheese.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 lb of spaghetti noodles, cooked.
The first is to make the meatballs, next is to prepare the sauce, and lastly is to cook the spaghetti. Never eating spaghetti and meatballs again in my life would be pretty devasted. Remove the meatballs when they're brown on the outside but not done on the inside. Make these classic spaghetti and meatballs for a comforting family dinner.
Spaghetti and Meatballs instructions
- In a large bowl, combine beef with breadcrumbs, Worcestershire sauce, parmesan, egg, garlic, salt and pepper flakes..
- Mix until just combined and form into 16-18 balls..
- In a large pot over medium heat, add 1 tbsp oil. Add meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, until browned on all sides, about 10 minutes..
- Remove meatballs and reserve on plate..
- Add the remaining olive oil and onion and saute until onion is translucent..
- Add crushed tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper and bring to a simmer..
- Add the meatballs back into the pot, cover and simmer until the sauce has thickened, 8-10 minutes..
- In a separate large pot boil water. After water boils put in spaghetti noodles and let it cook for 5-10 minutes or until noodles are soft and ready to eat..
- Pour spaghetti sauce with a good helping of helping of meatballs. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and enjoy! Best served with garlic bread!.
Also check out more delicious meatball recipes, such as our baked Italian meatballs. If you make larger meatballs, you may need to cook them a little longer, lowering the heat to prevent burning. Sprinkle with more Parmesan and serve with some basil (if using) and remaining sauce alongside for topping. For a great spaghetti and meatball recipe you need a simple tomato sauce with lots of flavour. This one is a store cupboard saviour.