Sweet purple potato bread loaf (using tongzhong recipe). I used to bake this for her using commercial yeast but this time I modified the recipe using sourdough starter. Tangzhong bread is back and here it is made into an absolutely divine bread loaf! This sweet potato and turmeric bread is downy soft, buttery and delicious.
Japanese Purple Sweet Potato Purple Sweet Potatoes Japanese Sweet Japanese Bread Japanese Food Milk Bread Recipe Like a moth attracted to lights, I can't take my eyes off this saccharine sweet looking loaf of Purple Sweet Potato Hokkaido Milk Bread. Stokes Purple Sweet Potatoes Nutrition Facts. Soft and chewy mochi bread infused with mashed purple sweet potato is easy to make and is naturally gluten-free. You can cook Sweet purple potato bread loaf (using tongzhong recipe) using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet purple potato bread loaf (using tongzhong recipe)
- It’s of Tongzhong.
- You need 13 g (=1tbsp) of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 65 g of milk (or water).
- You need of Bread dough.
- It’s 180 g of all-purpose flour.
- You need 30 g of pure cane sugar.
- Prepare 60 g of milk.
- It’s 2 g of salt.
- It’s 3 g of yeast.
- You need 15 g of butter.
- Prepare 30 g of egg.
- You need 3 Tbsp of natural purple sweet potato powder.
- You need of Tongzhong.
The recipe works great with regular sweet potatoes too. See more ideas about Purple sweet potatoes, Food, Sweet potato. Purple Sweet Potato Pie, vegan, paleo. Beautifully and naturally colored pie made with whole food ingredients!
Sweet purple potato bread loaf (using tongzhong recipe) instructions
- First, prepare tongzhong: Mix the flour with the milk in a saucepan, stir until there are no lumps. Turn on the fire to low and heat up the mixture. Keep stirring until the mixture thickens. Remove the saucepan from fire when it starts to become doughy (Be careful when you see the milk start to thicken, as it will turn doughy very quickly) Place in a bowl and cover with cling wrap. Set it aside to cool down for use later..
- Add sieved flour into mixing bowl. Add yeast and sugar on one side of the bowl, put salt and the tongzhong on the opposite side..
- Add the purple sweet potato powder next to the tongzhong and in the middle of the flour, add the egg. Warm up the milk to room temperature and then pour the milk directly onto the yeast..
- Use the spatula to mix the ingredients together to form the dough.
- Put some flour on the table or kneading mat. Start kneading the dough. It will be sticky at the beginning and you can add a little flour to the table and on top of the dough while kneading. When the dough starts to form a smooth skin, add the butter into the dough and keep kneading. It would probably take around 5 minutes for the dough to absorb the butter and form a smooth skin. (Don't add any flour into the dough after adding the butter).
- Once the dough has formed a smooth skin and is no longer sticky, put in back in the mixing bowl and cover it with a cling wrap and let it rest for 1 hour until it doubles its size..
- Once it's doubled in size, take it out and place it on the table. Gently press the dough flat to remove the air inside..
- Fold the 2 sides of dough into the middle line. Then fold another 2 sides in the way. Keep the folding until the dough shapes like a bun. Then cover the dough with cling wrap again and let it rest for 15 minutes..
- Spread some flour on the table and then out the dough upside down on the table with the smooth skin under. Use a rolling pin to flatten the dough. After the dough elongated to about 10"X 6" inches long, start roll the dough from 1 side to another.
- Cut the dough into pieces but don't separate them. Try to keep the dough into shape. Grease the baking pan with some melted butter. Put the dough into the pan and let it rest for another 20 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven in 180°C (350°F). Put the dough inside and bake for 18-20 minutes depends on your oven's size. I use those built-in oven so I bake this dough for 19 minutes..
- Take the bread out and wait for it to cool down. The bread is perfect, soft inside with a beautiful light purple color.
Easy recipe for Twisted Ube Mochi Bread—an Asian twist on babka bread with the use of Pillsbury Crescent Dough. Just one question, I used to use your tangzhong recipe to make bread loaf (e.g. the wholemeal loaf recipe) and I use my I intent to use purple sweet potatoes puree. Hope it turns out well too. I recently made matcha red bean buns using one of your recipe. How to build tangzhong into your favorite recipes.