Potato Pancakes. This is a traditional potato pancake recipe, and is a wonderful comfort food. Serve with applesauce and sour cream for a light dinner, or with roast chicken for a hearty winter meal. Potato pancakes are such a delicious way to use up leftover mashed potatoes.
So simple, yet unbelievably tasty, these Classic Potato Pancakes are not to be missed! Follow my simple instructions and make this easy treat today! Potato pancakes, prepared from fresh chopped or grated potatoes, onions, eggs and flour, are commonly associated with various cuisines of Europe. You can have Potato Pancakes using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Potato Pancakes
- You need 700 g of boiled potatoes.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- It’s 80 g of sour cream.
- It’s 1 tbsp of flour.
- You need 1 cup of chopped onions.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 40 ml of oil for frying.
In Ukraine they are called "deruny". Potato pancakes are a great breakfast, lunch or dinner side-dish. Simple to make, crisp and tasty they are great eaten hot but can be enjoyed cold. Potato pancakes are associated with the cuisines of many European and Middle Eastern century-old traditions including German and Austrian (as.
Potato Pancakes step by step
- Mash the (previous day) boiled potatoes. Leave some chunks in for better texture..
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients (apart from the oil) and add any seasonings of choice..
- Divide into 16 patties and pan fry with some oil..
- I recommend serving with some sour cream and anything pickled!.
Easy Potato Pancakes – Wonderfully crisp, tender, and just melt-in-your mouth amazing. Can be served as an appetizer, side dish or even a light main dish! These Vegan Potato Pancakes are perfect for a savory Breakfast or Dinner! They're perfect with some Cashew "Sour Cream" and a sprinkle of Green Onion. Potato Pancakes always remind me of.