Gravy smothered hamburgers and mashed potatoes. How to Make Hamburger Gravy with Mashed Potatoes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cut each potato into quarters and toss into a large saucepan.
Kitchen Bouquet browning sauce Salt and pepper, to taste Mashed potatoes. Add water and cook until thickness you prefer. Add Kitchen Bouquet to color, and salt and pepper to taste. You can cook Gravy smothered hamburgers and mashed potatoes using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Gravy smothered hamburgers and mashed potatoes
- Prepare 2-3 pounds of ground beef.
- Prepare To taste of Garlic powder.
- You need To taste of Onion powder.
- It’s To tastet of Creole seasoning.
- Prepare To taste of Cajun seasoning.
- You need of Gravy.
- You need of Hamburger grease.
- Prepare 3-4 tsp of flour.
- Prepare As needed of Milk.
- Prepare To tastet of Garlic powder.
- It’s To taste of Onion powder.
- You need To taste of Black pepper.
- You need of Mashed Potatoes.
- You need 6-8 of medium potatoes.
- It’s 1-2 tablespoons of Butter.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare optional of (garlic powder, sour cream, shredded cheese).
This hamburger gravy & mashed potatoes recipe is a favorite of my son Caden. Even better, it's so easy to prepare he almost do it himself! Place hamburger in a large, deep skillet. Crumble and cook over medium high heat until evenly brown.
Gravy smothered hamburgers and mashed potatoes step by step
- Season ground beef with garlic powder, onion powder, Cajun, and a lil creole seasoning. Mix in real good with hands..
- Form ground beef into patties.
- Place hamburger patties carefully in skillet, wash hands, turn on stove, Cook hamburgers at medium heat. Add a little vegetable oil, if needed to prevent sticking..
- Remove cooked hamburgers from skillet.
- With left over hamburger grease, stir in (with a fork) 3-4 tsp of flour to grease, stir out any clumps and pour in some milk, add in seasonings and let it simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally for a few minutes, turn off heat and let it thicken the rest of the way. *Flour helps thicken gravy*.
- Add hamburgers back to gravy.
- Boil sliced potatoes until soft and easily able to cut through them..
- Drain the potatoes and smash them up.
- Add in butter, salt, and pepper.
- Optional* Add in garlic powder, sour cream, shredded cheese..
While potatoes are boiling, brown the hamburger meat. Once meet has a small amount of pink left, add can of soup. Let the mixture simmer until meat is fully cooked and soup is heated. Home recipes > Main Ingredients > Fruits, Vegetables and Other Produce > Hamburger Gravy over Mashed Potatoes. Brown hamburger and onion in oil until done.