Copycat KFC potato wedges. How to make KFC potato wedges at home with this easy copycat recipe. Enjoy extra crispy fried potatoes for a tasty side dish or snack. I personally use a fryer when I fry food, but you can prepare these KFC potato wedges in a dutch oven or even a plain old cooking pot.
Learn how to make copycat KFC Potato Wedges at home. It's so easy to make these famous potato wedges from KFC. This was originally posted on my blog at. You can cook Copycat KFC potato wedges using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Copycat KFC potato wedges
- It’s 6-8 of potatoes washed, scrubbed and cut into wedges.
- Prepare 2 cups of flour.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- You need 2 cups of milk.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of paprika.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of seasoning salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of onion powder.
My copycat recipe for KFC's seasoned fried potato wedges. SEAL firmly and shake potato wedges in all motions to thoroughly coat; PLACE coated pieces on a paper-towel lined plate until all wedges are breaded; ALLOW potatoes to rest a few minutes, to absorb breading. KFC potato wedges compliment just about any meal so we set out on a mission to copy the recipe. Enjpy this copycat version of the restaurant's wedges.
Copycat KFC potato wedges step by step
- Milk eggs and milk and let your potato wedges soak for 10-15 mjnutes in it. Heat oil to 375..
- Mix dry ingredients in large bowl. Toss wedges in flour spice mixture..
- Fry 4 minutes then remove and lay on wire rack for 5 minutes or until all your batches have been fried for 4 minutes then return to oil for 6-8 more minutes or until crispy golden brown..
- Great dipped in ketchup or topped with nacho cheese, shredded Colby jack, sour cream, ranch green onion slices and bacon bits to make them fully loaded wedges. You could top them with bbq pulled chicken or pork, purple onion slices and nacho cheese and make them a meal themselves. I served mine with homemade buffalo chicken sliders and deviled eggs. See my recipes.
These Copycat KFC Potato Wedges are made in the Air Fryer! They are perfectly seasoned and the perfect side dish to your favorite meal. I've provided full step by step instructions so you can make a healthier version of these copycat KFC fries. What sets these potatoes apart from all the others is the secret breading made with a similar seasoning blend as the Original Fried Chicken. Visit Top Secret Recipes online to learn how to recreate this side dish today!