Garlic Red-Skinned Mashed Potatoes. These red-skinned mashed potatoes are just the creamiest. They are always a hit with company. Just a warning: they are addictive!
Love those garlic baby red skin mashed potatoes you get at the restaurants? Save money and calories by making them at home with Thrifty Cooking! These are great tasting mashed potatoes and we loved all the additions. You can cook Garlic Red-Skinned Mashed Potatoes using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Garlic Red-Skinned Mashed Potatoes
- It’s 1 of small bag of red skinned potatoes.
- Prepare 2 of small green onion finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of butter.
- It’s 2 of large garlic cloves finely chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- It’s of Optional Ingredient:.
- You need of Sour Cream.
- Prepare of Parmesan Cheese.
Mash with the butter, milk, and salt. Garlic Mashed Red Potatoes – perfectly creamy, buttery and easy mashed red potatoes with roasted garlic, thyme, sour cream and milk. However, that additional earthy flavor and texture derived from skin-on mashed potatoes is nothing to be shrugged off. These mashed red potatoes are packed with flavor, featuring garlic and Parmesan.
Garlic Red-Skinned Mashed Potatoes instructions
- Boil water in a large pot. Meanwhile cut potatoes into 1-2 inch sections. Add a bit of salt, pepper, and chopped garlic with the cut potatoes to boil until softened for mashing..
- Remove the potatoes from the boiling water when you can smash them with a fork. Add onions and remaining chopped garlic. Salt and pepper to taste. Add milk and butter. (*here you can also add 1 cup sour cream and/or 1/2 cup grated parmesan) Using a large fork, beaters, or other cooking utensil smash everything down and begin to beat with mixer on high for 2-5 mins depending on desired consistency..
- Place in freezer bags and/or freezer safe storage containers and stock up for the winter! Or enjoy immediately! 👏.
With just a bit of butter and no cream, they've got a healthy twist. Instead of watering the potatoes down to a lifeless puree, this mashed red potatoes recipe is flavored to perfection! Here, we've kept the potato skins. These simple smashed red potatoes are flavored with garlic and butter. There are loads of variations, too, including mash with cheese or with herbs.