Potato cakes. A potato cake is usually made from deep-fried potatoes that have been thinly sliced or mashed. In parts of England and America, a potato cake is a patty of hashed potatoes, a kind of hash brown. These quick and easy potato cakes will have all the family members coming back for more. "These potato cakes are great with any meal or as a snack.
Potato Cakes, Veal Marsala and Potato Cakes, Poached Eggs and Potato Cakes with Tomato View image. Potato Cakes. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility. From simple crispy potato cakes to spicy black bean and sweet potato cakes – find plenty of potato cake recipes that make the most of mash! You can have Potato cakes using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Potato cakes
- It’s of Leftover mashed potatoes.
- It’s of Shredded cheese of choice.
- You need 2 of Eggs.
- You need of Flour.
- You need of Bread crumbs.
- Prepare of Oil for frying.
- You need of Bacon crumbles, Green onion chopped, all extra optionals(little broccoli).
These traditional Irish potato cakes are so easy to make and are a great way of using up leftover And that is where this Irish potato cake recipe is great! It can be made with fresh potatoes or with. Give mashed potato leftovers a second chance by frying them into this recipe for crispy Mashed Potato Cakes from Food Network. Mashed potato cakes are a southern favorite.
Potato cakes instructions
- Heat oil in frying pan.
- Add in any extras at this time to the mashed potatoes, before forming into patties. (no need to add anything extra if you don’t have it.)Take cold mashed potatoes and shape them like hamburger patties..
- Take 2 eggs and beat them.
- Take potato patties and coat in flour, then eggs, then bread crumbs and fry until golden brown. When frying don’t forget to flip them. (if they fall apart a few of mine did, when coating them no big deal just reshape them in the bread crumbs that’s what I did.).
- Drain on wire rack or paper towels before severing.
- Notes- use a spatula, when placing in oil. I used my hands and just picked them up and one fell apart, my 2nd batch I placed in with a spatula.
Crispy outside, perfectly seasoned soft mashed potatoes inside. As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. These cheesy vegan potato cakes are quick and very easy to make! It makes a simple and tasty side dish, dinner or lunch, and it's the best way to use up leftover potatoes! I searched the internet for a recipe to use up some left over mashed potatoes.