Château Potatoes. Learn how to make Château potatoes with Le Cordon Bleu Paris Chef Instructor, Marc Vaca. Video in partnership with Regal magazine. Chateau potatoes date back to the Napoleon Bonaparte era and were the accompaniment to chateaubriand.
Chateau potatoes definition is – potato balls parboiled briefly and then braised in butter. Download Chateau potatoes stock photos at the best stock photography agency with millions of premium high quality, royalty-free stock photos, images and pictures at reasonable prices. These take a while but they are worth the wait, better than french fries! You can have Château Potatoes using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Château Potatoes
- You need 1 pound of potatoes.
- You need 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of rosemary.
- It’s To taste of salt and pepper.
Buttery chateau potatoes – cooked in garlicky butter, then roasted until they're nice and crispy. Jump to Recipe Pin Recipe Rate this Recipe. Today happens to be National Puppy Day, which is great because I love puppies – especially when I don't have to train them! For pommes château or chateau potatoes, a dense potato, such as red bliss or Yukon gold, works best.
Château Potatoes instructions
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Peel and cut the potatoes into 8 sided jewel shaped pieces. Start a by cutting the potatoes in half. Then squeeze the potato causing the blade to work from the bottom to the top, in one continuous slice. Kinda like an American football..
- Since the potatoes comes in different shapes and sizes I couldn't make them perfect and exactly the same size. Pat them dry and season with salt and pepper..
- Add olive oil and butter to an oven safe skillet. Melt the butter and add the rosemary. Add the chateau potatoes to the mixture..
- Coat the potatoes in the butter mixture and bake in the oven for 25-35 minutes until golden brown. Turn half way through the cooking process. Season with salt and pepper. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!.
Red bliss potatoes don't hold up as well for dishes like mashed potatoes. In a saute/fry pan, heat the butter. Dry potatoes and place in pan and stir to coat with butter mixture. If the potatoes are fairly large, pour the butter and potatoes into an ovenproof dish, cover and cook in the oven with the crown roast. Potatoes wash, peel, cut off the edge, giving the tubers form of barrels.