Vegan hearty Italian spaghetti. Spaghetti and Vegan Meatballs is the best ultimate vegan comfort food! Plus, this recipe is easy enough for a busy weeknight and is a family favorite! It's easily customizable and comes together quick enough for a busy weeknight meal!
This recipe is Italian sausage spaghetti sauce from. Vegan Soyfree Nutfree Recipe Can be glutenfree with This Lentil Bolognese Sauce is hearty with Red lentils and Mushrooms, flavors with herbs, sauce and great with Spaghetti or other Cuisine: Italian, Vegan. Hearty vegan lentil bolognese is a comforting and wholesome dinner. You can cook Vegan hearty Italian spaghetti using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan hearty Italian spaghetti
- It’s 3 of medium zucchini squash peeled and chopped.
- It’s 1/2 of medium onion chopped.
- You need 1 cup of sprouted lentils cooked/drained according to package.
- You need of I medium fresh tomato chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbs of olive oil.
- You need 1 jar of organic spaghetti sauce (your favorite).
- You need 2 tbs of chopped garlic.
- It’s to taste of Italian seasoning dried.
- Prepare to taste of Salt/pepper.
- It’s to taste of Dried Red chili pepper.
- Prepare of I pkg spaghetti noodles cooked, drained, tossed in 1 tbs olive oil.
Serve it over spaghetti squash boats or your favorite pasta. This plant based recipe is easy to make naturally vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free but doesn't skimp on flavor. Make the layers right in the shell of the spaghetti squash and top with mozzarella cheese for a melty top and fun presentation. Serve with a green salad and a glass of Chianti for an easy, healthy dinner.
Vegan hearty Italian spaghetti step by step
- Olive oil in oversized deep skillet or Dutch oven pot on medium heat. Add all veggies above and garlic. Sauté for about 8-10 min on medium heat..
- I personally cook my noodles at the same time so they are piping hot. I like to add a little olive oil and Italian seasoning to water. (Like 1 tbs to water as it’s coming to boil)..
- After veggies are sautéed until slightly tender, add your favorite jar sauce. Add cooked lentils. Simmer 8-10 min on low heat. TIP: I keep lentils whole but you can crush/mash them if you want more of a ground beef or meat texture to the sauce. Add seasonings mentioned at this step!.
- Sometimes I also cook the lentils directly in the sauce for 6-8 minutes. If you choose that option just put 1/2 cup of water or red wine in sauce to simmer lentils if your sauce is too thick. The easy method is to cook in advance and just add to sauce above as mentioned. :-).
- Final step is to serve the sauce over your hot pasta! TIP: You can add crushed cashews tossed in olive oil and garlic salt w/ Italian seasoning and nutritional yeast for garnish for the Parmesan cheese yummy effect! I mix the ingredients together in food processor! Depending on how hard core your vegan lifestyle. Enjoy!.
Designers also selected these stock photos. Seitan slices and bread dumplings Veggie burger and salad A vegan snack of seitan. Enjoy these easy vegan meatballs with a big bowl of spaghetti for the ultimate comfort food meal! Instead of meat, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, and eggs, vegan meatballs are made with a hearty base of legumes, gluten-free oats instead of breadcrumbs, cheesy nutritional yeast instead of. In Italy it can be 'Meatless Monday' all week long.