From Grandma – Potato and corn croquettes.
You can have From Grandma – Potato and corn croquettes using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of From Grandma – Potato and corn croquettes
- Prepare 300 g of ground pork.
- Prepare 500 g of potato (about 5).
- It’s 1 of cob of corn.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion.
- Prepare 1/4 of Salt.
- You need 1/4 of Pepper.
- It’s 1 TBSP of Butter.
- You need 2 TBSP of potato starch.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- You need of Flour.
- It’s of Bread crumbs.
From Grandma – Potato and corn croquettes instructions
- Peel potatoes and cut in half. (Do not cut into small pieces because if the potatoes get too wet they will be hard to shape later).
- In a large pressure cooker, pour 2 inches of water and add potatoes. Cook for 4 minutes after it start to whistle. (if you don’t have a pressure cooker, just boil the potatoes until you can insert a tooth pick easily, 7 – 8 minutes).
- While potatoes are cooking, season the pork with a dash of salt and sauté it in a large pan, medium-high heat until it’s golden brown for 5 minutes..
- In the same pan, add minced onion and sauté until the onion gets clear. Add corn and sauté for another 2 minutes..
- Drain potatoes after cooking. Put the potatoes back into the pot and sauté with low heat until any excess water is gone and the surface of the potatoes becomes white. Turn off the heat..
- Smash the potatoes while they are still hot. Add butter, salt and pepper for seasoning. Don’t smash too much because the chunkiness is good for croquette’s texture..
- Pour mashed potatoes into the large pan and mix well. Add potato starch if the texture is too watery..
- Shape it as you like..
- Coat them with flour, egg and bread crumbs (in that order).
- In a large pan, put vegetable oil about 2 inches, heat oil to medium heat and fry the croquettes. Fry them in small batches to avoid them touching each other..
- Pour ‘Bull-Dog sauce’ over and enjoy😍.