Potato Skins. These potato skins easy to make. Brush or rub olive oil all over the. Potato skins are the perfect snack for your next backyard barbecue and are always a welcome companion when you're spending a day in front of the television watching sports.
These Stuffed Potato Skins are serious comfort food. Plus I've got TEN more ideas for fillings below. Anyway, potato skins are a nostalgic snack for me. You can cook Potato Skins using 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Potato Skins
- Prepare of Potatoes.
- Prepare of Oil for frying.
- It’s of Shredded cheese(I like to do a mix of cheeses, use what you like, or have on hand).
- Prepare of Cooked crushed bacon or bacon bits.
- Prepare of Sour cream.
- You need of Chives/ green onions.
And nostalgic snacks, I think I've established These potato skins are in my first cookbook, and I've made them forever. I made 'em a few weeks. Appetizer, potato recipe, bacon recipe, party recipe, easy recipe. Download Potato skins stock photos at the best stock photography agency with millions of premium high quality, royalty-free stock photos, images and pictures at reasonable prices.
Potato Skins step by step
- Take whatever potatoes you want to use and wash them up, (Will be cutting potatoes in half so one potato will make two potato skins).
- Poke potatoes with a fork, and bake the potatoes until done….
- Cut potatoes in half, let cool off, until you can touch them without burning yourself…(notice my fork marks I made, is also where I will be cutting them in half at.).
- Scoop out the middle of the potatoes, make sure you leave some on the edges and don’t go all the way down to the skin..
- Freeze all potatoes must be frozen before frying them.(make sure none of them are touching).
- When ready to cook pre heat oil and you will be baking these in the oven on boil for a few mins so if you want to pre heat the oven too… (if you don’t like using the boiler can set on 350 bake until cheese is melted).
- Fry all the potatoes skins, till golden brown, or as crunchy as you like, may need to flip them over in the oil and move them around, don’t overcrowd the pot, cook in batches, drain off oil when removing from oil and place on paper towels/ coffee filters or wire rack (make sure when place the skins side is facing up, does no good it’s sitting on the skin like a boat to holding the oil).
- After all potatoes are fried to your liking, add the cheese, place them on a cookie sheet, bake or boil in oven until cheese has melted.
- Latest step, top skins with sour cream, cooked bacon crumbs/ bacon bits, and green onion/ chives top with some more cheese….
- Notes- Do whatever with the potatoes after scooping them out, don’t waste it.. I topped it with butter 🧈 salt pepper, and sour cream, for my kids, I have one that doesn’t do sour cream… kids are always wanting to eat lol. I have even made a small amount of mashed potatoes, for when I made these ahead of time and I use the mashed potatoes for dinner that night… it’s a win win and no waste..
Game plan: Use the leftover scooped potatoes for mashed potato cakes, gnocchi, or potato soup. This recipe was featured as part of our Make Your Own Loaded Potato Skins project. These loaded potato skins are stuffed with black bean salad, vegan sour cream, and coconut bacon. If you are not familiar with potato skins- potato skins are the skin of a potato deep fried or baked and filled with an assortment of different ingredients. Potato skins make the perfect snack for any party.