Crockpot Potato Topped Swiss Steak.
You can have Crockpot Potato Topped Swiss Steak using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crockpot Potato Topped Swiss Steak
- You need 2 lbs of boneless round steaks.
- It’s 1 of large chopped sweet onion.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- It’s 2 of beef bouillon cubes.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes.
- You need 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 can of sliced carrots-drained.
- You need 2 pkg of brown gravy mix.
- Prepare 2 of pouches instant potatoes your choice of flavor.
Crockpot Potato Topped Swiss Steak step by step
- Place steaks, onion, water, beef bouillon cubes, onion powder, crushed red pepper flakes, and the can of diced tomatoes into crockpot. Cook on high for 3 hours. Meat should be fork tender..
- Take meat out of crockpot and cut into bite size pieces. Return meat to crockpot and add the can of carrots (drained) and the 2 pkg of brown gravy mix. Continue to cook for 2 more hrs on low..
- Prepare instant mashed potatoes as per directions on pouches. I usually use the garlic and herb flavored packets..
- Once instant potatoes are prepared put spoonfuls of the potatoes on top to the steak mixture right in the crockpot. Turn crockpot on warm until ready to serve. If desired you can add some shredded cheese on top..