Grandma's Bean (Green /Wax) & Potato Soup.
You can cook Grandma's Bean (Green /Wax) & Potato Soup using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Grandma's Bean (Green /Wax) & Potato Soup
- Prepare 5-8 of medium potatoes.
- It’s 1/4 cup of onions.
- It’s 2 cans of green beans.
- It’s 2 cans of wax beans.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of ketchup.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Seasoned salt.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Garlic salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Basil.
- You need 1 tsp of Parsley.
- Prepare of Crisco & Flour.
Grandma's Bean (Green /Wax) & Potato Soup step by step
- Peel and slice potatoes. Oval shape. 1/4 thickness..
- Add your chopped onions..
- Add seasonings, juice from your cans of beans and water. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to medium..
- Add your ketchup. (I use spicy ketchup because I like a little spice to it). Stir. You can add more or less depending on how you like the taste..
- When potatoes are soft, add your green beans and wax beans..
- In a small sauce pan, melt a few tablespoons of crisco, then add enough flour to soak it all up. Stir until golden brown- then add to soup. Stir well. It should turn your soup more brown than red, it will also thicken the liquid..
- Taste. If you feel you need more seasoning, add it. Otherwise it's ready to eat!.
- I often finish the cook in a crock pot once the potatoes are begining to get soft, so that's up to you. This was something my grandmother always made growing up..