The best Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe. Our best ever spaghetti bolognese is super easy and a true Italian classic with a meaty, chilli sauce. This recipe comes courtesy of BBC Good Food user Drain the spaghetti and either stir into the bolognese sauce, or serve the sauce on top. Serve with more grated parmesan, the remaining basil.
The Bolognese Sauce is rich, thick and has beautiful depth of Spaghetti Bolognese. We Aussies have a thing about shortening words. Pavlova is Pav, afternoon is arvo, mosquitos are mozzies. You can have The best Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe using 25 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of The best Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
- It’s of Main Ingredients.
- You need 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- It’s 2 of medium onions, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of carrots, trimmed and finely chopped.
- It’s 2 of celery sticks, finely chopped.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2-3 sprigs of rosemary, leaves picked and finely chopped.
- You need 500 g of minced beef.
- Prepare of Bolognese Sauce.
- You need 2 of x 400g tins plum tomatoes.
- It’s of Small pack basil, leaves picked (3/4 chopped, rest left whole).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of dried oregano.
- You need 2 of fresh/dried bay leaves.
- You need 2 tablespoon of tomato purée.
- It’s 2 of beef stock cube.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
- Prepare 1 of red chilli, deserved and finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of red grape vinegar.
- You need 6 of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half.
- It’s 1/3 teaspoon of fresh black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s of To season and serve.
- It’s 75 g of parmesan cheese, grated, plus extra to serve.
- You need 400 g of spaghetti.
- You need of Crusty bread, to serve.
Everyone needs a basic spaghetti Bolognese recipe that still tastes great, no matter how simple. Get that depth of flavour by cooking the sauce very gently until it's super rich. This is designed to be a low cost recipe. I make this Spaghetti Bolognese more than any other recipe. period.
The best Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe step by step
- Gather and prepare all ingredients.
- Put a large saucepan on a medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Reduce the heat and add the two onions, two carrots, two celery sticks, two garlic cloves and the leaves from 2-3 sprigs rosemary, all finely chopped, then fry for 10 mins. Stir the veg often until it softens..
- Increase the hear to medium-high, add 500g minced beef and cook stirring for 3-4 minutes until the meat is browned all over..
- Add two tins of plum tomatoes, the finely chopped leaves from 3/4 small pack basil, 1 teaspoon dried oregano, 2 Bay leaves, two tablespoon tomato purse, 1 beef stock cube, 1 deserved and finely chopped red chilli, 1/2 teaspoon of red grape vinegar and 6 halved cherry tomatoes. Stir with a wooden spoon, breaking up the plum tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil, reduce to a gentle simmer and cover with a lid. Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes stirring occasionally, until you have a rich, thick sauce. In between, add the pinch of sugar for flavor. Don't forget the salt and fresh black pepper.
- Add the 75g grated parmesan cheese, check the seasoning and stir..
- When the bolognese is nearly finished, cook 400g spaghetti following the pack instructions.
- Drain the spaghetti. Serve with more grated parmesan cheese, the remaining basil leaves and crusted bread. And enjoy! 😋.
Not only do I absolutely crave its hearty, rich, meaty sauce bursting with flavor but it is SO effortless. Our Spaghetti Bolognese recipe is a classic and made with homemade Bolognese sauce and tender chunks of beef. This spaghetti bolognese will be one of the best recipes you've ever tried, as it's been carefully tested in our kitchen. Try our classic spaghetti bolognese recipe or try one of our other spaghetti recipes here. There are loads of different ways to make a bolognese sauce (including our healthier baked bolognese here) but we think this is our best-ever spaghetti bolognese recipe.