Spaghetti and Meatballs. This Spaghetti and Meatball recipe from Delish.com proves everything is better homemade. Spaghetti and meatballs is such a comfort food classic! The meatballs are made from ground beef and Italian sausage, served with a sauce with mushrooms, onions, basil, and Parmesan.
I don't think there is any doubt that caramelized onions taste better than raw onions, the question is whether the extra effort is worth it. How to Make Spaghetti and Meatballs. There are three parts in making it. You can have Spaghetti and Meatballs using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Prepare of Meatballs.
- It’s 1 lb of Ground Turkey.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Italian Bread Crumbs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1 tsp of basil.
- It’s 1 tsp of Italian Seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s of Sauce.
- Prepare 1 of 28 oz can crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 of Package Spaghetti Noodles.
The first is to make the meatballs, next is to prepare the sauce, and lastly is to cook the spaghetti. Never eating spaghetti and meatballs again in my life would be pretty devasted. Remove the meatballs when they're brown on the outside but not done on the inside. Make these classic spaghetti and meatballs for a comforting family dinner.
Spaghetti and Meatballs instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F Fahrenheit..
- Place a large pot of water on to boil for spaghetti. When it boils, add salt and pasta and cook to al dente..
- Place Ground Turkey in a medium bowl mix in the bread crumbs. salt, pepper, oregano, basil. and Italian seasoning. Make into a meatball using hand or ice cream scoop if you have one available. Place in a 9×13 inch baking dish. Cook for 15 minutes on one side turn over and cook for 5 more minutes..
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add olive oil to the pan, allowing it to warm for 1 minute, add the garlic and sauté it for 2 minutes, stirring constantly until the garlic is golden brown..
- Add Crushed Tomatoes to the pan, then add the other ingredients for the sauce. Let the sauce simmer..
Also check out more delicious meatball recipes, such as our baked Italian meatballs. If you make larger meatballs, you may need to cook them a little longer, lowering the heat to prevent burning. Sprinkle with more Parmesan and serve with some basil (if using) and remaining sauce alongside for topping. For a great spaghetti and meatball recipe you need a simple tomato sauce with lots of flavour. This one is a store cupboard saviour.