Spaghetti with "Meat" Sauce. Quick and easy spaghetti with meat sauce recipe. Watch this recipe to learn how to make perfect meat sauce with spaghetti. Rich and meaty spaghetti sauce is surprisingly easy to make, and ready in just over an hour.
Cook and stir until meat is brown and vegetables are tender. Easy weeknight friendly spaghetti and meat sauce that's made completely from scratch. Use ground beef, turkey, pork, chicken or lamb to make this simple spaghetti recipe. You can cook Spaghetti with "Meat" Sauce using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spaghetti with "Meat" Sauce
- You need 1/2 of Onion, chopped.
- It’s 2 medium of Carrots, sliced thin.
- It’s 1 of Celery, sliced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Italian Seasoning.
- It’s 1 cup of Dried Lentils.
- Prepare 15 oz of can Crushed Tomatoes.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Italian Parsley, chopped.
- Prepare 5 medium of Fresh Basil Leaves or tsp dried.
- You need 1/2 box of Spaghetti Noodles.
- Prepare 1 cup of Cheddar or Colby Jack Cheese, shredded.
Jump to the Easy Weeknight Spaghetti with Meat Sauce Recipe or read on to see our tips for making it. This easy spaghetti recipe with meat sauce takes just a few minutes of prep and then a low simmer on the stove for a deep, meaty-flavored, homemade spaghetti for the best family favorite dinner. This post is brought to you by Kroger. Before I even started writing this post, I was wrestling with the title.
Spaghetti with "Meat" Sauce instructions
- Note: You can use any vegetables you have. You can also change the cheese to Parmesan if desired..
- Add carrots, celery and onion to pan with 2 tbsp water and saute till onions are cooked and slightly brown. Add water tbsp at a time to prevent burning..
- Add tbsp water and italian seasoning with salt and pepper and stir..
- Add Lentils and water enough to cover lentils. Bring to boil and simmer for 35 minutes. Keep an eye on it and add water as needed. Water should be gone at end of 35 minutes..
- Put water in a pot with shake of salt and heat for spaghetti noodles. Add spaghetti when it boils..
- Scoop half lentils into blender and blend for a minute. Pour back into pan and scoop other half into blender and blend that for a minute. Pour back into pan. Some lentils will be whole. That's ok..
- Add crushed tomatoes, basil and parsley. Stir and simmer 15 minutes..
- If desired, add spaghetti to "meat" sauce and toss OR put spaghetti on plate and scoop sauce on top..
- Plate spaghetti, sprinkle with cheese and serve..
- NOTE: If you want a more saucy "meat" sauce you can add another can of crushed tomatoes or tomato sauce. If you want the sauce to be a little more sweet and tomatoey add in and a few squirts of ketchup.
Authentic Italian Style Spaghetti Sauce simmered low and slow and packed with flavor! In my opinion I think there are a few key steps in creating that authentic, thick, richly Be sure to brown the meat and veggies (brown, not burn), that browned flavor is an important part of the sauces rich, robust flavor. An easy meat sauce recipe for spaghetti made quickly with ground beef and pasta sauce, flavored with onion and garlic. Some people may decide that this version with a very small amount of meat in it may not be worth the. Canning Spaghetti Sauce with Meat is something that must be done in the pressure canner.