"Japanese" spaghetti. Try this easy Japanese ketchup spaghetti (Napolitan) recipe with bell pepper, mushrooms, garlic, and The idea of spaghetti with ketchup sauce may make any Italians cringe, but it's one that wins. Spaghetti napolitan, also known as spaghetti naporitan, is a Japanese style pasta dish made with a sauce that is tomato ketchup based. This particular style of Japanese pasta is considered "yoshoku".
Spaghetti Napolitan (named after Naples, Italy) was invented by the head chef at the New Grand Hotel. Mentaiko spaghetti has become a classic of the Japanese-Italian kitchen, and is popular on late-night menus as an accompaniment to heavy drinking. Combine beef, sausage, and onion in a large pot over medium heat. You can have "Japanese" spaghetti using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of "Japanese" spaghetti
- Prepare 1 lb of hamburger meat.
- It’s 1 lb of Japanese mix vegetables (broccoli, green beans, mushrooms etc).
- You need 1 lb of spaghetti noodles.
- Prepare 1 packages of mushroom gravy mix.
- Prepare 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- Prepare 8 oz of sour cream.
- It’s 1 cup of Italian blend cheese.
- It’s 1 of milk as needed.
- It’s 1 of butter as needed.
Naporitan or Napolitan (Japanese: ナポリタン) is a popular Japanese pasta dish. The dish consists of spaghetti, tomato ketchup or a tomato-based sauce, onion, button mushrooms, green peppers, sausage, bacon and optionally Tabasco sauce. Naporitan is claimed to be from Yokohama. If you're going to cook Japanese at home, you're going to need some pointers!
"Japanese" spaghetti step by step
- Prepare pasta as directed (for added flavor drop bullion cubes in water…. It gives pasta a nice kick of flavor).
- Brown and season hamburger meat as desired (I use cavanders, garlic, and paprika for this).
- Once hamburger meat is fully cooked add Japanese veggie mix and tablespoon of butter. Add more seasoning if hamburger meat had to be drained of grease. Turn burner down and cover stirring occasionally until veggies are soft.
- Add package of mushroom gravy mix to hamburger veggie mixture and mix well..
- Next add your cream of mushroom soup and sour cream. (Add a bit of milk of mixture is too thick for your liking).
- Once pasta is fully cooked and drained mix meat mixture and cheese, more or less depending on your taste and enjoy!.
Join chef, food writer and MasterChef UK winner Tim Anderson on a journey back to the country that inspired him to learn. The Japan Food Addict app is here! Spaghetti salad is very popular in Japan. You can find ready made spaghetti salad everywhere (super market, store, delis, convenience stores, etc). Japanese style spaghetti with masago (capelin roe) in a light cream sauce.