Soft and Smooth Japanese Sweet Potato Cakes【Recipe Video】.
You can have Soft and Smooth Japanese Sweet Potato Cakes【Recipe Video】 using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Soft and Smooth Japanese Sweet Potato Cakes【Recipe Video】
- It’s 1 of large sweet potato, 470 g (16 oz).
- It’s 50 g of (1.76 oz, 1/4 cup) granulated sugar.
- You need 30 g of (1oz, 1/7 cup) unsalted butter.
- It’s 10 g (1/2 Tbsp) of honey.
- You need 1 of egg yolk.
- Prepare 50 g of (1.8 oz, 1/5 cup) heavy cream.
- It’s 5 drops of vanilla oil.
- It’s of ■For brushing on the cake.
- It’s 1 of egg yolk.
- You need 1/2 tsp of rum.
- Prepare of honey.
- It’s of ※1cup=235cc(USA).
Soft and Smooth Japanese Sweet Potato Cakes【Recipe Video】 instructions
- ★Recipe video★ (my You Tube channel)→https://youtu.be/flYdb3k2sgQ.
- Wrap a sweet potato with a sheet of aluminum foil. Bake it at 190℃ / 374 F for 60-70 mins (no need to preheat). Bake it until soft enough to insert a skewer smoothly..
- Use a spoon to scoop out the flesh. (net weight; about 380g / 13.4 oz).
- Transfer the sweet potato flesh onto the mash sieve and strain it by pressing with a spoon or spatula. Preheat an oven to 200℃ / 392 F..
- Add granulated sugar, unsalted butter, honey, egg yolk, and vanilla oil in order, mix well each time until combined..
- Add heavy cream in 3-4 parts and mix well each time until combined..
- Divide it into 9 equal and use your hand to form each like sweet potato shape. Put them on a baking tray. (Depending on the water content of the sweet potato, the batter may be too soft for you to shape by hand. In that case, use a spatula or a spoon to put the batter on a baking tray and bake as it is.).
- Put egg yolk and 1/2 tsp rum in a small bowl. Mix well until combined. Brush the surface of 9 pieces with the egg mixture..
- Bake it at 200℃/ 392 F for 15-20 mins or until golden brown. Brush freshly baked cakes with honey (optional). It's all done!.