Shrimp and Pine Nut Spaghetti. While pasta cooks, heat a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. The perfect blend of bright Mediterranean flavors pair well with the nuttiness of toasted pine nuts and almost buttery bite of freshly grilled shrimp. Mediterranean Shrimp with Spaghetti Squash & Toasted.
I spoke to chefs, home cooks and restaurateurs while traveling in Italy. I have learned so much about cooking pasta and how to make easy shrimp pasta, just like the Italians! Spaghetti with Shrimp, Mussels and Baby Tomatoes. You can have Shrimp and Pine Nut Spaghetti using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shrimp and Pine Nut Spaghetti
- You need 8 oz of uncooked spaghetti.
- You need 12 oz of peeled and deveined medium shrimp.
- It’s 2 tbsp of pine nuts.
- It’s 1 cup of 1% low fat milk, divided.
- It’s 1 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dijon mustard.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of finely chopped fresh basil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of torn fresh basil leaves.
- It’s 3/4 cup of pesto (optional) instead of 1/3 cup chopped basil.
Add the spaghetti and cook according to the package directions. Start tasting a minute or so ahead of time so you don't overcook it. Meanwhile, pour a healthy glug of olive oil into a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and pine nuts and let them toast very slowly until lightly browned.
Shrimp and Pine Nut Spaghetti step by step
- Bring 4 qts water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add pasta and cook 7 minutes. Add shrimp to pan, cook 3 minutes or until shrimp are done and pasta is al dente. Drain, keep warm..
- While pasta cooks, heat a small nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add nuts to pan and cook 2 minutes or til golden brown..
- Combine 1/2 cup milk and flour in a saucepan, whisking until well blended. Place pan on medium heat and gradually stir in remaining milk. Stir in mustard and nutmeg. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium- low, and cook 5 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken; stirring constantly. Stir in S&P; cook 1 minute. Add pasta and shrimp, cheese and chopped basil, tossing gently to combine. Sprinkle with nuts and torn basil..
Skillet pasta with shrimp and basil pesto. I love swirling it into steamy noodles and topping it with toasted pine nuts for extra crunch and nuttiness for a quick and easy meal. Spaghetti squash lives up to its name by standing in for pasta in this vegetarian-friendly recipe for a delicious main or side dish. Noodle with Shrimp and Pesto Sauce / World Pasta DayReceitas Da Felicidade! Break the fillets into flakes with a spoon.