Thyme Red Skin Potatoes. Drain potatoes in a colander set over a pot. Allow the stock to cool and refrigerate for another use. Return the pan you cooked the potatoes in to heat over medium.
Wash the potatoes and cut them into half-inch cubes. Heat the oil in a large cast-iron skillet and add the potatoes (you may have to use two pans or do them in two batches). These roasted new potatoes are fantastic with fresh-dug small new potatoes, but they can also be enjoyed with small white or red-skinned potatoes. You can cook Thyme Red Skin Potatoes using 6 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Thyme Red Skin Potatoes
- You need 1 qt of water.
- You need 6-10 of red skin potatoes.
- Prepare 1 tbs of olive oil.
- You need 2 tbs of unsalted butter.
- You need 2 tbs of thyme.
- Prepare to taste of Salt & pepper.
We roasted the potatoes with some olive oil, garlic, and some dried leaf thyme. Redskin potatoes contain less starch than other potatoes, giving them a firmer, waxier texture. They hold their shape well after cooking, making them great for scalloped potatoes, potato salads, soups, casseroles and roasts. The skin is thinner than on most other potatoes, and they are often served.
Thyme Red Skin Potatoes step by step
- Boil water. Cut potatoes into quaters or smaller if desired. Place potatoes in boiling water and let cook 12 minutes..
- Drain potatoes. Put back in pan over medium heat & place olive oil & butter in pan, let melt. If you are impatient like me, I added potatoes as butter was melting. Mix around. Add salt, pepper & thyme. Let cook 4-8 minutes..
Red Skin Potatoes With Ranch Dressing Recipes. Roasted Red Potatoes with Smoked PaprikaAggies Kitchen. Red Skin Potato Garlic Mashed Potatoes Recipes. Pasta Vegetable MedleyWish-Bone. thyme, butter, salt, vegetable oil, garlic powder, baby red potatoes. Wanting a delicious chicken and potato dish for dinner?