Aubergine with potato & lentils (Aalu Baigan dal) #mommasrecipe. Mauritian-style mashed aubergine or eggplant with potato is thinly sliced aubergine braised in a skillet until they disintegrate into a flavourful puree. Start with half the potatoes, then half the aubergine, onions and tomatoes. Finish with the rest of the potatoes, arranging them neatly on top.
Add the aubergines and potatoes (if some are. A hearty vegetarian dish of aubergines and potatoes, layered with a herby tomato sauce and topped with Italian cheese. Cheesy Gratin with Potato and Aubergine. You can cook Aubergine with potato & lentils (Aalu Baigan dal) #mommasrecipe using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Aubergine with potato & lentils (Aalu Baigan dal) #mommasrecipe
- It’s 2 of medium size aubergine, 1 medium size potatoes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- It’s 1 of tomato and 3 chillies chopped, 1 onion sliced,1 tbsn Kashmiri.
- You need of Powder,1 tsp turmeric, 1 tsp coriander powder,2 cloves,3 black pepper.
- It’s of And salt this is for aubergine.
- You need of Lentils:1 1/2 cup red lentils, 2 to 3 cups water,2 green.
- You need of Chillies chopped, 1 tomato chopped, 1tbsn Kashmiri red chilli.
- You need 1 of tbsn turmeric,1 cube maggi and 1 tsp salt.
- Prepare of TEMPERING the lentils.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, few curry leaves,1 tbsn cumin seeds and 1 tbsn.
- You need of Mustard seeds.
- You need 3 of tbsn oil for the TEMPERING,3 tbsn oil for aubergine veggie.
Potatoes and aubergines is a lovely combination for a curry. It's quick and economical dish as these vegetables are readily available in all supermarkets and vegetable stalls. Once cooked add sugar and chopped coriander. Serve it with rice or roti.
Aubergine with potato & lentils (Aalu Baigan dal) #mommasrecipe instructions
- First cut all the vegetables.now heat 3 tbsn oil add the onions, pepper and clove.mix for few minutes. Now add the tomatoes with turmeric, ginger,garlic paste,red chilli powder coriander powder and salt and mix well cook for 3 min,oil floats up add vegetables mix and close the lid.
- When it's cook,cook on high flame for 5 mins.until all it's water dries up.ur veggie is ready.
- Now wash the lentils, add the 1 chopped tomato,2 chopped chillies,red chilli powder,turmeric powder wit 2 cup of water and cook till done.now add one maggi cube,1 tsp salt mix and boil 2 mins and add 1/2 cup coriander leaves.ur lentils/dal ready (add little water if u want watery).
- Now for TEMPERING lentils,heat a pan with 3 tbsn oil(acc to u)now add all the above ingredients for TEMPERING as in pic 1.now as garlic turn little brown.now serve all hot with rice and popadum. enjoy😊 #newyoutuber #cookpad.
Meera Sodha's sweet potato and aubergine massaman curry: mix and match the veg to suit your mood and what's in the cupboard. Photograph: Louise Hagger for the Guardian. A quick and easy Aubergine & Sweet Potato Yasai Curry recipe, from our authentic Japanese cuisine collection. Find brilliant recipe ideas and cooking tips at Gousto. Stir in the chickpeas and chopped coriander.