Sweet Potato Pie (さつまいも🍠). Japanese Sweet Potato Pie has been a classic pastry in Japan. Originating in South or Central America, Japanese sweet potato or satsumaimo (さつまいも) in Japanese were first introduced to Japan in Okinawa (the old Ryukyu. Sweet Potato Pie is a seasonal treat found here in Japan.
Sweet potato pie is lighter yet creamier than its pumpkin cousin, with a heavy dose of vanilla and subtle spices. Beyond tasting better, sweet potato pie is easier to bake. It doesn't require cooking the filling, as the sweet potatoes are fully baked in advance, and the pie crust doesn't require blind. 表情のちがう食感を. 三角でつなぎ、よくばりな一口に。 ほおばった瞬間、どんな気分も満たしてくれる. はじめてのスイートポテト。 POTATO. You can have Sweet Potato Pie (さつまいも🍠) using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Pie (さつまいも🍠)
- You need 3 of Sweet Potatoes (さつまいも Yellow Sweet Potato).
- You need 1/2 Pint of Heavy Cream.
- You need 2 of Eggs.
- It’s 1 2/3 Cup of Brown Sugar.
- It’s 1 Stick of Butter.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Nutmeg.
- It’s Pinch of Salt.
- It’s Splash of Vanilla Extract.
- You need 2 of Pie Crusts (Homemade if you’re frisky).
Sweet Potato Pie Recipe & Video. Sweet Potatoes are used in both sweet and savory dishes. Sweet Potatoes are a Winter Squash. There are different varieties, but I like to use the darker skinned variety (often called Yams) that has a sweet, mild flavored bright orange flesh.
Sweet Potato Pie (さつまいも🍠) instructions
- Roast the sweet potatoes until knife tender. Roasting it will allow for more of the natural sweetness to be extracted. Peel the potatoes. Careful, they’re hot as coal. Proceed to mash..
- Cream the brown sugar and butter together. Add in the mashed potatoes. Heat it with the nutmeg, salt, vanilla extract and heavy cream. Mix again. Get the eggs involved lastly..
- Place in a 350F oven for roughly 55 mins. Check for doneness with a toothpick in the center. If it comes out clean, it’s done. Allow to cool to room temp. Put in the fridge for a couple hours to help it really set up for nice slices..
- There they are, all said and done. I highly recommend warming individual slices and serving with ice cream or whipped cream… OR BOTH..
Japanese sweet potato recipes to make today! Japanese sweet potato (さつまいも satsumaimo) is an incredibly delicious, nutritious and economical food for Sweet potatoes are very high in vitamin A, B, C, manganese, fiber, potassium and some iron. Sweet potatoes are one of the healthiest vegetables. Add milk, sweet potatoes, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt; mix well. A Southern classic, Mini Sweet Potato Pies are great for the holidays.