Ham & Potato Casserole. Ham is pork from a leg cut that has been preserved by wet or dry curing, with or without smoking. As a processed meat, the term "ham" includes both whole cuts of meat and ones that have been mechanically formed. Перевод слова ham, американское и британское произношение, транскрипция, словосочетания, однокоренные слова, примеры использования. From Middle English hamme, from Old English hamm ("inner or hind part of the knee, ham"), from Proto-Germanic *hamō, *hammō, *hanmō, from Proto-Indo-European *kónh₂m ("leg").
Examples of ham in a Sentence. Ham definition, a cut of meat from the heavy-muscled part of a hog's rear quarter, between hip and hock, usually cured. Often hams. the back of the thigh, or the thigh and the buttock together. You can have Ham & Potato Casserole using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ham & Potato Casserole
- You need 2 Cups of Ham.
- Prepare 3 of Russet Potatoes.
- You need 1 of onion.
- It’s 1 of Tomato.
- Prepare 1/3 Cup of Flour.
- Prepare 5 Tbs of Butter.
- Prepare 2 Cups of Milk.
- Prepare 2 Cups of Cheddar Cheese.
- You need of Garlic.
- Prepare of Black Pepper.
- It’s of Seasoned Salt.
- Prepare of Onion Powder.
- It’s of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare of Italian Seasonings.
- It’s of Green Onion.
- Prepare of Bread Crumbs (Optional).
Unprocessed meat is referred to as fresh ham, but most ham goes through a curing process after which is it referred to as cured ham. The meat can be dry cured (salting the surface); sweet-pickle cured. Someone who enjoys the attention of others and will do crazy things to get it. Aj acts like a total ham when someone pulls out their camera.
Ham & Potato Casserole instructions
- Preheat oven to 400F. Get your ingredients ready and keep them on standby. I chose to grate my potatoes. I recommend trying to do that when you’re about to begin to minimize the browning effect. (Be mindful of your knuckles)..
- Get the onions, garlic, and potatoes in a hot pan with a little oil. Season them. You don’t have to cook it too long. You’re really trying to get the remaining liquid out of the potatoes. While you’re doing that, get the roux started with the flour and butter. It would be a good idea to warm your milk at this time as well..
- When the roux starts looking pretty, add in the milk while stirring. Season it and add a little more than half the cheese. Then add the ham in with the potatoes. It’s already cooked, you’re bringing it up to temp and letting your seasonings get on it. Add the tomatoes last to prevent overcooking. Turn it off.
- Move the mix to a baking pan, add the roux evenly over the top. Add the remaining cheese on top. Bake 35 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and browned to your liking..
- Top with toasted bread crumbs and green onions. Allow to cool about ten minutes to set up a bit. (Unlike I did, haha)..
He is so bad his friends call him sham the ham ihtisham. Ham is the thigh and rump of any animal that is slaughtered for meat, but the term is usually restricted to a cut of pork, the haunch of a pig or boar. Ham is a compact source of animal protein and an excellent source of calcium, iron, niacin, phosphorus, riboflavin, and thiamine. Ham is made in many ways. Learn about the differences between cured, aged, and smoked ham, and how you can make ham at home or use it already What Is Ham?