Potatoes & Onion (vegan). The potato is a root vegetable native to the Americas, a starchy tuber of the plant Solanum tuberosum, and the plant itself is a perennial in the nightshade family, Solanaceae. potato [pəˈteɪtəu]Существительное. potato / potatoes. What is the plural of potato? Potatoes are a plentiful crop that originated in South America.
Learn about potato nutrition, types of potatoes, potato facts and tips. We have your complete guide to potatoes. The potato plant (Solanum tuberosum) is a member of the Solanaceae, or nightshade, family, a family of flowering plants that also includes the eggplant, mandrake, deadly nightshade or belladonna, tobacco, tomato, and petunia. You can have Potatoes & Onion (vegan) using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Potatoes & Onion (vegan)
- It’s 4 of medium sized potatoes.
- It’s 1 of big onion.
- It’s 6 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 of lemon.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
Crops covered include, amongst others, legumes, potatoes, vegetables, mushrooms and cassava. A perennial plant in the nightshade family that was first. The potato belongs to the Solanaceae or nightshade family whose other members include tomatoes Potatoes are a very popular food source. Unfortunately, most people eat potatoes in the form of.
Potatoes & Onion (vegan) step by step
- Cut the potato into cubes, fry and allow to get some colour.
- In a pot, add some oil and fry the sliced onion.
- Once the onion takes colour, add the garlic cloves (no smashing).
- Fry for a minute and add the potatoes to the mix.
- Add water to cover the mix, add the spices and the lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil and lower the heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
They are a great source of amino acids, carbohydrates, vitamins and virtually no fat! Potatoes are a staple of several ethnic diets. Pick potatoes according to their growth period. Our Potato Growing Guide covers planting, growing, and harvesting one of our favorite vegetables! Also, see tips on how to store potatoes to keep them fresh—and some homemade potato recipes.