Potato doughnut. The potato doughnut, sometimes called a Spudnut, is a doughnut, typically sweet, made with Potato doughnuts tend to be lighter than flour doughnuts, and are prepared in a similar method to. The Best Potato Doughnuts Recipes on Yummly Lemon-flavored Potato Doughnuts, Potato Doughnuts, Potato Doughnuts.
Let doughnuts sit for about ten minutes before frying so the exterior will have a chance to dry slightly and absorb less oil. The dough is sticky by nature so the surface won't feel dry to touch but a few. Add the potato flakes and stir until combined and thickened. You can cook Potato doughnut using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Potato doughnut
- Prepare 500 gr of high protein flour.
- Prepare 100 gr of caster sugar.
- Prepare 11 gr of yeast (make sure it's active).
- Prepare 200 gr of boiled potato (mashed).
- Prepare 4 of egg yolks.
- It’s 100 ml of cold milk.
- You need 50 ml of condensed milk.
- You need 75 gr of salted butter.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
Potato Doughnuts Recipe in Urdu & English available at Sooperchef.pk. These sweet potato doughnuts are made completely from scratch – it's the perfect way to sneak some sweet potatoes into your One of my favorite memories of growing up was Saturday Doughnuts. Spudnuts (Potato Doughnuts): I grew up in Idaho, and one thing you can get in Idaho, is Spudnuts. Spudnuts are much better than doughnuts.
Potato doughnut instructions
- Boil your potato and mash it..
- Mix together flour, sugar, yeast, egg yolks, and mashed potato, you can use hand mixer (use the hook paddle for bread) to do this or simply just use your clean bare hand to knead it. Add the mixture of milk and condensed milk little by little into the dough until all poured in..
- Knead the dough until half kneaded and then add the salted butter and salt. Continue to knead the dough until it fully kneaded. How to make sure that the dough is fully kneaded? You could see the dough become all united and looked smoother at the surface..
- Measure the dough about 50 gr each. Round the dough one by one, and put in on a baking paper that already dusted by a flour. Let the dough rest about 20 minutes and covered by napkins on top..
- After 20 minutes, check the dough, the size become 2x bigger than before. Press each dough with small preasure, just to make it flatten a bit, and cut the middle with bottle cap or something round to make it look like a ring. Continue rest the dough for another 15 minutes..
- After done waiting, the dough is ready to be fried. Make sure you use a deep fry method which mean you use a lot of oil to fry the doughnut. Make sure it floats and not touching the bottom of your pan, otherwise the surface will look a bit burnt. Fry it until golden brown. Wait until the doughnut is cooling down..
- You could whisk the salted butter with a teaspoon of condensed milk until not firm anymore or has a smooth texture and dip your doughnut half in it, and continue to dip it again in chocolate sprinkles. Or you could simply just dust it with some icing sugar or even cinnamon icing sugar. Kids are gonna love it!.
In Idaho, a spud is a potato, and of course, homemade. You can turn mashed potatoes into doughnuts. As if you needed another good reason to make more mashed potatoes than you need – these doughnuts are what you make with the leftover. These yeast-leavened doughnuts have a cup of mashed sweet potato in the dough, for a delicious flavor, and accented with nutmeg, vanilla, rum, and a cinnamon sugar coating! Berry Gordy Jr. wrote that he could "dance the mash-potato" but he probably never used mashed potatoes to make cake doughnuts.