Domino potatoes with a twist. I love them both and if I had to declare one true food love it would be a fight to the death. They're both carbs, they're both a wee bit unfashionable, and they're also both the best bases for building up with flavours and textures. The potatoes should still feel firm and hold their shape.
The closest relation to this in the traditional "They're delicious with a steak, obviously," he says, "but since these are potatoes cooked in butter, they are delicious with anything." To make this version of potato gratin, the potatoes are first cut into neat blocks before cutting into thin slices with a mandoline (or sharp chef's knife), then layered in the casserole dish in an overlapping fashion—or as if they were fallen dominoes, as the name "Domino" potatoes. Peel potatoes and trim ends (do not rinse). These Insta-worthy potatoes serve four people, so they're great if you're hosting a small Thanksgiving dinner. You can have Domino potatoes with a twist using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Domino potatoes with a twist
- Prepare 5 of normal size potatoes.
- Prepare 100 ml of heavy cream.
- Prepare 100 g of smoked cheese.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of mixed spices.
- Prepare 6 of bay leaves.
Better yet, you can make them year-round! Domino potatoes—first sliced into thin rectangles, then baked—achieve the perfect balance of golden crisp edges and buttery creamy centers. Trim potatoes into perfect rectangles by removing their round edges. Then, using a mandoline slicer, shave thin slices off to create long rectangles.
Domino potatoes with a twist instructions
- Slice the peeled potatoes really thin and organise them well in the glass pan, put bay leaves between the potatoes.
- Mix the heavy cream with the spice mix (any mixed spices work),and pour it on the potatoes.Put slices of smoked cheese between the potatoes.
- My spice mix consist of indian, french, mexican etc spice mixes, but any mix will work well.
- Put the potatoe in the oven for 1 hour, on grade 3 or 4 in gas oven or 200 degrees celsius in electric. After one hour put the oven to grade 6 to make the top crispy.
Andrew just celebrated his sixth birthday last week, and like many little boys, he's obsessed with Star Wars. These delicious Domino Potatoes are beyond delicious and so simple to make. We have video instructions from Annabel Langbein. All you'll need is a few minutes prep time, and you've got an easy side dish. Domino-shaped potatoes are brushed with butter, sprinkled with sea salt and fresh oregano, then baked to perfection.