Cheesy ham & potatoes. I usually make this to use up leftover ham. This is easy to adapt with other ingredients. I don't put celery in mine.
Even if you don't have any leftover ham, it's perfect to make on a chilly weeknight. This made from scratch Cheesy Ham and Potato Chowder is thick and creamy and the perfect way to breathe new life into your leftover ham. This easy and cheesy potato soup is made with ham. You can cook Cheesy ham & potatoes using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cheesy ham & potatoes
- It’s 3 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 of sm yellow onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 packages of cooked ham steaks.
- You need 3 tbs of AP flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 1/2 c of milk.
- You need to taste of Kosher salt & pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- You need 1/2 bag of little potatoes (i used the littlepotatocompany).
- It’s 1 cup (1/2 bag) of your fav shredded cheese.
- You need of Optional: crushed red pepper.
If you are looking for a recipe to use up your leftover holiday ham, make this Cheesy Ham and Potato Soup. This Cheesy Ham and Potato Soup is easy to throw together, and will quickly become a family favorite. It's my favorite meal on a cold chilly day, and tastes amazing. Cheesy Ham & Potato Casserole (With Video).
Cheesy ham & potatoes instructions
- Preheat oven to 375. In med saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onions & let cook, stirring occasionally for about 4 minutes. While that is cooking, chop ham into small pieces..
- Sprinkle flour & paprika & let cook, stirring occasionally. While whisking, add milk. Bring to a simmer & whisk until thick. Stir in ham, salt, pepper & Italian seasoning..
- Cut potatoes in half, spread across a 8×8 or 9×9 pan. Sprinkle salt & pepper over potatoes. Spoon sauce over potatoes. *Optional: sprinkle crushed red pepper flakes.*.
- Sprinkle cheese over top. Put aluminum foil over pan & let cook for 40 min (to really get potatoes soft). Then remove aluminum foil & let cook 25 minutes. Let cool..
Ham and potato casserole is a mouthwatering dinner idea your entire family will love! Recipe to make with leftover ham! With potatoes, ham, cheese, scallions, and yummy spices, this soup is FULL of flavor! I feel like this one was a little more cheesy and hearty with the ham chunks, so if you love hearty, warm soups, I. Cheesy Ham & Asparagus Quiche is a rich and decadent recipe perfect for a special brunch or dinner.