You can cook Merlot-Parmesean Spaghetti using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Merlot-Parmesean Spaghetti
- Prepare 1 lb of spaghetti noodles.
- You need 1 lb of spicy ground Italian pork sausage.
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 of yellow onion; small dice.
- Prepare 2 T of fresh rosemary; minced.
- It’s 2 T of fresh oregano; minced.
- Prepare 1 T of crushed pepper flakes.
- Prepare 2 t of fresh thyme; minced.
- Prepare 6 of garlic cloves; minced.
- Prepare 1/2 C of merlot.
- It’s 29 oz of crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 14.5 oz of diced tomatoes.
- You need 10.75 oz of tomato puree.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 1 of large pinch sugar.
- It’s 1/4 C of red wine vinegar.
- It’s 3/4 oz of fresh basil; chiffonade.
- Prepare 1/2 bundle of parsley; minced.
- It’s 8 oz of merlot-parmesean cheese.
- You need as needed of kosher salt & freshly cracked black pepper.
Merlot-Parmesean Spaghetti step by step
- Heat a large saucepot with no oil..
- Add ground beef, pork, and onions. Season with rosemary, thyme, oregano, crushed pepper flakes, salt, and pepper..
- When meat is nearly browned, add garlic. Cook 1 minute. Add red wine and bay leaf. Reduce until nearly dry..
- Add tomatoes. Stir. Bring to a simmer. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour..
- Remove bay leaf. Add sugar and vinegar. Cook 2 minutes..
- Toss noodles with about 3/4 of the cheese and just enough sauce to cover. Ladle more sauce atop to serve as desired..
- Garnish with basil and remaining cheese..
- Variations; Savory, beef stock, tomato paste, bell peppers, paprika, shallots, habanero, bacon, pancetta, ham, capers, heavy cream, eggplant, fennel, olives, saffron, spinach, balsamic, port wine, worcestershire sauce, sage, arugula, asiago, fontina, gruyere, sherry.