Spaghetti with Spicy Scallop Marinara Sauce. Homemade Spicy Marinara Sauce Recipe With San Marzano Tomatoes. Spicy Garlic Shrimp Spaghetti – Marion's Kitchen. Drain the pasta and add to the skillet with the sauce; toss.
A simple recipe for smooth and silky carbonara sauce just like in an Italian restaurant. Get ready to gobble up your new family favorite – a one-pot spaghetti dinner doused in Marinara sauce. The spaghetti sauce was slowly simmering on the stove. You can have Spaghetti with Spicy Scallop Marinara Sauce using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spaghetti with Spicy Scallop Marinara Sauce
- It’s To taste of kosher salt.
- Prepare 4 oz of spaghetti.
- You need 1 tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 (14 ounce) of can whole Roma tomatoes.
- It’s 1 (1 inch) of piece parmesan cheese rind.
- You need 1 Tbs of minced fresh or Freeze Dried Basil.
- Prepare 8 oz of bay scallops or sea, cut into quarters.
My Mom was standing at the stove stirring a batch of her homemade marinara sauce with her tried and true wooden spoon. We looked forward to spaghetti nights in our home and filling our bowls to the brim with pasta and fresh tomato marinara. Al dente spaghetti served with a rich marinara sauce & seafood. Head to Tesco Real Food to find this spaghetti marinara recipe & lots more Italian recipes.
Spaghetti with Spicy Scallop Marinara Sauce step by step
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring, until the garlic softens, about 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, Parmesan rind, 1/4 cup water, and half of the basil.
- Bring the sauce to a boil, mash the tomatoes while stirring. Reduce the heat to medium-low; simmer 15 minutes until most of the juice is evaporated. Season with salt.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until desired.
- Increase the heat to medium-high, add the scallops and cook, stirring occasionally, until opaque, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the Parmesan rind, add the remaining basil, and season with salt and more red pepper flakes, if desired.
- Drain the pasta and add to the skillet with the sauce; toss. Divide the pasta among bowls, drizzle with olive oil and top with more basil. Serve with some Italian bread.
Stir the drained spaghetti and stir through the sauce. Serve in large bowls with a twist of black pepper and fresh parsley leaves. Marinara sauce is a simple spicy Italian sauce made with tomatoes, onions and herbs. One reason given to explain the popularity of the marinara sauce would be that it is the base for many more elaborate spaghetti sauces, such as bolognese, Vodka sauce, cannellonis, lasagnas, pizzas etc etc. Add wine and crushed red pepper to skillet; bring to a boil.